We all know that aging is a fact of life. And we can´t turn back time. But did you know that it’s possible to reclaim that youthful glow?
Thanks to neurotoxins, aging gracefully has never been easier. With the right provider, you can finally say goodbye to wrinkles and fine lines.
Read on to know how this works.
What Are Neurotoxins (Dysport)?
Also known as neuromodulators, neurotoxins represent a non-invasive approach to addressing visible signs of aging.
They help reduce muscle activity, resulting in the temporary relaxation of facial muscles responsible for creating wrinkles. One good example is Dysport.
Dysport is an injectable neuromodulator that temporarily smooths fine lines and wrinkles. It’s FDA-approved for treating glabellar lines, commonly referred to as the “11s” between the eyebrows.
Benefits of Neurotoxins
As muscle relaxants, neurotoxins provide many benefits and advantages to patients in Edmonton, AB. These include:
It’s a Non-Invasive Procedure.
Neurotoxins (Dysport) are non-invasive and often considered safer than many surgical procedures;this makes it ideal for patients who want to achieve younger-looking skin without going under the knife.
It’s Ideal for Wrinkle Reduction.
You can also get neurotoxins if you want wrinkle reduction as a primary benefit.
For instance, aside from glabellar lines, Dysport can also treat frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead creases.
It’s Quick and Convenient.
Since neurotoxin treatments are noninvasive, you can return to your daily activities immediately. Appointments typically last for around 20 minutes for the entire procedure.
Neurotoxins (Dysport) Treatment Areas
A Dysport injection, in particular, is designed to treat moderate to severe frown lines. However, the effects of Dysport can extend to other areas as well.
- Armpits and palms – In case you want to reduce excessive sweating;
- Upper lip – To correct gummy smiles;
- Masseter muscles – Done to treat teeth grinding (bruxism) or narrow the facial width;
- Platysmal bands – Helps smooth the neck area;
- Depressor muscles of the outer lip – If you want to raise the corners of your lip;
- Mentalis muscle – This helps smooth dimples on the chin; and
- Depressor muscles of the nose – To raise the tip.
On top of these possible treatment areas, Dysport can also be used elsewhere in the body to address medical conditions caused by severe muscle spasticity.
Ideal Candidates for Neurotoxin Treatments
Neurotoxin treatments are safe and effective procedures, especially for those:
- In overall good health and between the ages of 18 and 65;
- Are not pregnant;
- Seeking to address visible signs of aging without the need for surgery;
- Looking at ways to reduce wrinkles, especially the glabellar lines or frown lines; and
- Wanting to have a more youthful appearance and have realistic expectations about what Dysport can and cannot do.
If you´re considering Dysport injections, it’s best to get them from expert providers like Etanda Skin Solutions.
For more information about what to expect and how it can benefit you personally, call us today or schedule an appointment now.