Taking care of your hair is one of the best investments you can make; Aside from flawless skin, having great and healthy hair should be non-negotiable.
However, there are many reasons why this can be difficult to achieve due to uncontrolled hair loss caused by pregnancy, hormonal changes, age, or heredity factors.
Fortunately, there’s hair restoration using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). Read on to know more.
What is Hair Restoration PRP Therapy?
PRP therapy for hair loss is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting platelets extracted from your own blood into your scalp; this hair restoration treatment uses the extracted plasma to stimulate hair follicles, slow the rate of hair loss, and even help regrow hair.
This treatment helps to restore thinning hair, especially for stress- or age-related hair loss. Unlike a hair transplant surgery, PRP therapy is considered safe and less invasive but still gets the work done.
What Are The Benefits of PRP Therapy?
Aside from restoring thinning hair and improving your overall appearance, hair restoration using PRP therapy is a practical choice due to the following benefits:
- It’s a natural solution for hair rejuvenation since it uses your own plasma.
- In addition, there’s no risk of allergy or infection since the main component used is a natural part of your body.
- It’s an effective alternative (and less invasive) compared to a surgical procedure such as a hair transplant surgery.
- It’s more convenient compared to taking daily medication and topical creams to help with hair loss.
- It’s considered an effective treatment that can prompt healing and regeneration in tissue.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate for Hair Restoration?
Just because you experience hair loss does not automatically qualify you for a hair restoration treatment.
In fact, PRP therapy is considered ideal for people experiencing the early stages of hair loss; this includes individuals (both male and female) with pattern baldness who still have some hair, albeit it is thinning.
It’s essential to catch hair loss or thinning early: Hair restoration works best with declining hair follicles, though it cannot reactivate completely inactive ones.
How Does Hair Restoration Treatment Work?
In case you’re wondering, here’s what to expect during a hair restoration using platelet rich plasma:
- Scalp assessment: Your treatment provider will start with a scalp assessment before devising a treatment plan.
- Setting expectations: After the preliminary assessment, you will be informed about the science behind the treatment, what you can expect after, and any post-procedure restrictions you should note of.
- Blood draw: The next step is blood draw which is usually taken from a vein inside your elbow.
- Plasma processing: The blood taken will then be put in a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells from the plasma.
- Numbing the treatment area.:To ensure that you’ll be comfortable all throughout, your provider will numb the treatment area.
- PRP Injections: After rubbing an alcohol swab on your scalp, a series of PRP injections will be administered in each area of hair loss. This should be quick and non-invasive.