It’s inarguable that acne can negatively affect our self-esteem. Most of the time, it’s a constant source of distress and embarrassment, especially when the breakouts become uncontrollable.
Fortunately, if over-the-counter skin care products and oral medication no longer work, there are other options. Thanks to the latest technology, acne treatment options now come in many forms.
In fact, one of the latest and most effective approaches is the use of a laser, such as the one we have here at Etanda Skin Solutions.
If you’re interested in how this can help you, please read on.
Types of Acne
Studies show that acne affects up to 80% of individuals and it’s considered a very common skin condition, especially among teenagers and young adults. However, adults also experience acne at some point in their lives.
There are various types of acne and they can appear on different parts of the body. However, the most commonly affected areas are:
- • Face
- • Forehead
- • Chest
- • Shoulders
- • Upper back
Acne can also be mild, such as when you get a few occasional pimples. Unfortunately, there are individuals who experience moderate to severe acne. This means that they experience constant breakouts, which may lead to acne scars.
Acne Treatment at Etanda Skin Solutions
- SharpLight Laser Treatment
- If you’re insecure about small, discolored bumps and pimples, our SharpLight laser treatment here in Edmonton, AB, can help you out.
- This laser treatment uses technology that destroys acne-causing bacteria through blue light absorption. It also produces yellow light that coagulates the feeding blood vessels in the treated area to boost healing.
- RF Microneedling
- In combination with SharpLight laser treatment, we also use RF Microneedling. This form of radiofrequency microneedling rejuvenates the skin by targeting acne scars and early signs of aging by reducing fine lines and tightening the skin. It also helps with hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
- Overall, it is an effective treatment that can help reduce the appearance of pimples by up to 60-65%.
Benefits of Our Acne Treatment
- Aside from treating your breakouts, it’s equally important to prevent acne. In line with that here are the most common ways our patients can benefit from our acne treatment:
- It Delivers Faster Results.
- It can be years before your acne clears up on its own. You don’t have to wait that long though. Our acne treatment can help reduce the appearance of your breakouts in just a handful of sessions.
- It Helps Reduce Acne Scars.
- Having acne is bad enough and scars make it worse. The more acne you have, the more chances that you will pick at your face and inadvertently cause scarring.
- Fortunately, treating acne early can help prevent scars.
- It makes sense then to ensure that you get your breakouts under control to prevent these. And the way to do that is to get acne treatment sooner than later.
- It Decreases the Need for Harsh Acne Medications.
- Severe acne may require harsh topicals or medications to clear up. While these may work, these treatment options can also have negative side effects.
- However, with enough laser acne treatment sessions, you no longer have to worry about having to go for harsh acne medicines to achieve your skin care goals.
- It Boosts Confidence.
- As we mentioned earlier, acne can take a toll on your self-esteem.
- It’s quite common to see acne-prone teenagers develop insecurities and withdraw from social interactions due to self-consciousness.
- Treating acne doesn’t just clear up your skin. It’s also a great way of restoring your self-confidence so you can literally hold your head up high and be more fearless in going after your dreams.
- What are you waiting for? Call us today to try out our laser acne treatment.